Our Photography Contest is now closed.
Thank you to everyone who submitted photos.
Official Photography Contest Rules
- All photos must be submitted by the original owner. If owner is under 18, a parent/guardian must give signed permission for contestant to enter contest.
- All photos must have been taken in Kansas.
- All photos must be submitted digitally through the Olpe State Bank website at www.olpestatebank.com using .jpg, .jpeg, or .gif format with a 3 MB maximum per image.
- Online entry form must be complete at the time of submission. Only entries with complete and accurate information will be considered eligible.
- All residents of Kansas and all Olpe State Bank account holders are eligible to enter.
- Employees and the Board of Directors of the Olpe State Bank and members of their households are not eligible to enter.
- Each photo may only be entered in 1 category. Contestants can only submit 3 photos per category.
- All photos must be received by 11:59 pm, Sunday, May 1, 2016.
- Photos will be judged on creativity, originality, and in accordance to theme.
- Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization (removal of dust, cropping, reasonable adjustment to exposure, color, and contrast, etc.) will be disqualified.
- The categories for this contest are
- Pets: We love our pets, we’ll probably like yours too. Pet information (breed, species, name, etc.) MAY BE included with the description of where the photo was taken.
- Barns: Tattered and worn to shiny and new, a barn could be considered a symbol of Kansas.
- Up to 3 winners will be chosen from each category and awarded prizes with values of $10.00 each.
- Winning photos will be displayed in 2 week periods anytime between June 1, 2016 and September 30, 2016. Winners will be notified of the dates their photos will be displayed.
- When a photo is chosen as a winning entry forms will be sent to the contestant. The form will include
- affidavit of ownership of photo, to be filled out and signed by contestant.
- parent/guardian consent to enter, to be filled out and signed by parent/guardian if contestant is under 18 years of age.
- model consent, to be filled out and signed by model giving permission to use his/her image if there is a person in the photo.
- parental/guardian consent for model under 18 years of age, to be filled out and signed by parent/guardian for use of model’s image if the model in the photo is under 18 years of age.
- If all applicable forms are not received back within 14 days, entry will be voided and prize will be revoked and awarded to another entry.
- Photographer retains all copyright privileges for submitted photos. Photographer grants permission to the Olpe State Bank to use the submitted winning photo on the home page at www.olpestatebank.com. Olpe State Bank will credit all photos with the caption of “© [Your Name]” with a short description of where the photo was taken and pet description, if provided.
- The Olpe State Bank is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, destroyed or misdirected entries or for miscommunications, misdirected transmissions, or other errors of any kind whether human or electronic.
- By entering, participants release and hold harmless the Olpe State Bank, as well as, its directors and employees.
- Contest entrants agree to abide by all terms of these rules and by the decisions of the judges, which are final on all matters pertaining to the contest.